Features to look for in a home security camera in Evanston
So many people in Evanston want to get a view what’s going on at their house when they are not home This is a principal reason why security cameras are some of the best tools to think about as you design your home security system. Even though free-standing cameras can be beneficial when set up correctly, they’re even more powerful when included into your residence’s comprehensive system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Evanston? You’ll be glad to discover these vital components have more benefits than previous iterations. You may watch live feeds from interior cameras or surprise those lurking about with integrated deterrents from outside cameras. Just open your Vivint app or touchscreen hub and you’ll be able to manage all your home security cameras.
Dynamic features bolster home security cameras in Evanston
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will raise your property’s defense to a whole new level. These vital aspects of your security system are available with an impressive array of features including bi-directional audio, motion detection, and mobile access. Take a look at the possibilities below.
- Effective deterrents: Choose a surveillance camera that can take action automatically. If odd movement is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright red ring will emerge around the camera lens and a loud alert will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision sensors provide well-defined views of your property at any hour. Your cameras will also maintain their clarity when zooming in on details.
- Convenient storage: Choose security cameras with recording and storage cloud options and the ability to review footage straight from your cell phone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Evanston are frequently linked to a handy app on your smartphone. You can watch real-time feeds or pre-recorded video and even activate or disengage your security. The Vivint App will send an update to your cell phone if a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors allows cameras to activate when odd activity occurs. You’ll also receive a message on your smartphone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Need to check in with your kids after school? Is there a delivery person at your doorstep? Today’s residential security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way talk so you can chat with the people detected by your camera.
- Field of vision: As a general rule, your exterior video cameras should provide an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This feature allows you to program the specific part of your property you would like your camera to watch over. This will be helpful to optimize the movement you record as you aren’t going to want notifications whenever a car drives by in front of your house.
Customize your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Evanston. All that remains is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Dial (847) 925-7636 to begin or submit the following form to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.