What to do to cut down on false alarms in Evanston
False alarms are a legitimate problem for home security systems. Not only can they lower the trust you have in your alarms, but they might even be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you can do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Evanston home security system.
As the first step, be sure that your devices installed correctly. This might sound like common sense, but it frequently happens that basic user errors result in false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on possible causes of false alarms, including windows and doors that may be left ajar mistakenly. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Evanston.
Could it be really that easy? Continue on and see for yourself.
Many false alarms in Evanston can be avoided
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to read the guidebook. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed appropriately from your end by:
- Running a diagnostic via your smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Look over your schedules and presets to ensure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all new smart components are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your system.
Reach out to your Vivint representative if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Evanston security system. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to examine your equipment.
Check your doors and windows
When your configuration appears to be OK, the next measure is to do a sweep of the house. Are your entries shut tight, or are any inadvertently ajar? If an entry point remains unsecured, it could trigger a motion sensor. If your family consistently fails to close a door, you could install a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows take extra hands-on attention, particularly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to turn off that sensor while still guarding the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation is a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Evanston
One of the most effective methods to lessen the probability of false alarms is to integrate automation into your security system. With your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms caused by accidentally opening an entry point. Then have it reactivate automatically again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart lock is triggered with the right PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you leave the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone alerts when your implements detect abnormal movements or need a battery change.
- Connect your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Evanston by switching to a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint home security system, call (847) 925-7636 or submit the form below.