How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Evanston smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete command of your Evanston home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and check out suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Evanston help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved video from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Evanston by programming schedules or creating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will show a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Evanston
Despite the fact that various users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, tap email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Evanston smart home. Dial (847) 925-7636 to get started.